Welcome to Eldiron! 👋

Eldiron

A Next-Generation Classical RPG Creator

Vision

Eldiron aims to revolutionize the creation and experience of classical role-playing games (RPGs) by blending the nostalgic charm of timeless RPGs with the cutting-edge capabilities of modern technology. My mission is to empower creators with an intuitive, yet profoundly flexible platform, while enchanting players with immersive, dynamic worlds that breathe life into every adventure.

Core Features:

Grid based Visual Coding System

RandomWalk

Code character and game behavior in a grid based visual node system. Combining the power and speed of real code with the ease of use and visual debugging of a true node system.

Create worlds using tiles or model with nodes.

Either draw in pixel-perfect precision using 2D tilemaps or model worlds procedurally with an integrated powerful node system.

Both ways allow you to create world regions in both 2D and 3D. Eldiron ships with an integrated Ultima like tile-map to get you started.

Visual effects made easy

You can easily add visual effects to your world. Imagine placing light sources, animating gates or adding mirror effects. To name just a few.

Time based behavior

Everyting in Eldiron is driven by a 24 hour timeline. Define time based character behavior, open gates or passages at given times or modify the world by estinguishing light sources during the day.

Worls created by Eldiron are not static but dynamic in every possible way.

Render your worlds the way you like it

Eldiron provides a vast array of rendering options, either classical 2D tiles or fan favourite first person or top down perspectives like isometric top down views or even tilted perspectives like in Ultima 6 / 7.

Define rendering options per region to be able to seamlessly switch between different views.

… and much more like the upcoming multi-player / server support.

Supporting Eldiron

If you want to help me on my Eldiron mission, please consider becoming a Patreon or a GitHub Sponsor.

Sponsors

DO_Logo_Horizontal_Blue

:handshake: Contribute by commenting, sharing your own perspective, asking questions, or offering feedback in the discussion. Before replying or starting new topics, please review the Community Guidelines.

If you need help or have a suggestion, feel free to ask in #feedback or contact the admins.

1 Like